Warning on sending PMs
Hi Ian,

Since the last website re-vamp, PMs have been behaving differently.

When I click SEND, an information box pops up saying the message has been sent, but afterwards, the screen goes grey and a new message pops up saying:

Resubmit form?
To refresh this page, your browser needs to repeat any actions you've already take. For example, if you've already entered into a form, your info will be resubmitted to the site.

Retry                  Cancel.

Clicking cancel goes around in a loop, and retry puts you back to the PM page, but says that the message has already been sent within the last 5 hours.

Regards,
Andy

PS I'm using Windows 10 and Edge browser.
Thanks given by:
(20/09/2015, 01:24 AM)Penfold Wrote: Hi Ian,

Since the last website re-vamp, PMs have been behaving differently.

When I click SEND, an information box pops up saying the message has been sent, but afterwards, the screen goes grey and a new message pops up saying:

Resubmit form?
To refresh this page, your browser needs to repeat any actions you've already take. For example, if you've already entered into a form, your info will be resubmitted to the site.

Retry                  Cancel.

Clicking cancel goes around in a loop, and retry puts you back to the PM page, but says that the message has already been sent within the last 5 hours.

Regards,
Andy

PS I'm using Windows 10 and Edge browser.

HI
If you are using windows10, so it is alerting NSA  ....
Smile
Smile

I use Windows7 "professional" ...
Next Microsoft move ... "office". In future they do not sell software, they will "rent" it ...
Thanks given by:
Interestingly I can't recreate it at this end and will have to do some different setup on one of my own PCs to replicate your client.

I normally access the forum via a Chromebook (essentially just running the Google Chrome browser) and find that I don't get any pop up message after sending messages whatsoever (I have always had pop ups disabled in the browser I suppose).

You have a couple of PMs that I sent to see if I could observe the problem, feel free to delete them.

Essentially, I clicked PM in your profile to the left of your post above, typed a message, clicked 'Send' and was taken straight to the PM list with no message saying that the PM had been sent whatsoever. So something is different. Wink

I'll upgrade one of my old laptops to Win10 in a couple of weeks I expect and then should be able to try using the same setup as you have.

Anyone else finding this behaviour?

Kind regards,

Ian.
Thanks given by:
(20/09/2015, 08:56 AM)BUGAS03 Wrote: If you are using windows10, so it is alerting NSA  ....
Smile
Smile

I use Windows7 "professional" ...
Next Microsoft move ... "office". In future they do not sell software, they will "rent" it ...

Very good. Smile

Intetestingly, as they are allowing paid Win7 / Win8 / Win8.1 users to upgrade for free, apparently we will 'own' Win10, whereas customers installing after that time may be offered a rental on the OS as well.  For anyone running (and using) the Ultimate Edition features of Windows 7, it appears they will lose those in the upgrade and end up somewhat tied to a lower level of functionality, as I don't believe that the Media Centre is included in stock Win10.

One of my machines did upgrade, but given I had never heard the fan before I upgraded, I gave it a couple of days of test and then told it to revert back to Win7.  To Microsoft's credit, their downgrade software worked flawlessly and I now have exactly the same machine I had before the upgrade - quiet, cool and unstressed.

Office 365 will of course be in the rental model, at £65 per year I believe currently.  My employer has always subscribed to the Microsoft Home Use Program, where I could buy one licence (2 machines) of Office for about £17 and own it for the duration of my employment.  I wonder if Office365 will become available through the same route if this is the new sales model.  Like the majority of people, I was actually perfectly happy with Office97 and only picked up upgrades to Office2000, 2008, 2010 and 2013 because they appeared in the Home Use Program. Smile
Thanks given by: BUGAS03
Actually, I probably should not have said that a message 'pops up' as that does imply internet pop-ups. What I mean is, the screen changes to pale grey with an information box with the details I mentioned earlier.

It is something to do with either Edge or Windows 10, as I just tried sending a PM from a Chrome browser and everything is completely normal.

Therefore, please don't worry about it too much, but perhaps its something to report back up the line to the powers that be?!
Thanks given by:
Yes, thanks Andy, that helps and makes it more specific. I'll see what is being reported to the developers of the forum software. Smile
Thanks given by:
We are not alone. Smile

http://www.chack1172.altervista.org/file...ge_bug.mp4

And the thread on the MyBB developers forum:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-173761-...pid1178795

So I guess I'll come back to this in a few weeks and you will know ahead of me whether Microsoft have fixed it, or whether MyBB insert a line of code that disables PMs in Edge until they do. Are you happy using Chrome in the interim?

You'll see from the video that it sends a duplicate message every time you click 'Retry' so you can work around it by clicking 'Cancel'.

Ian.
Thanks given by:
HI,
I have no idea what you are all talking about. What on earth is a PM?
Mike
Thanks given by:
Mike: A PM is a Private Message, essentially, you can send these to other forum users via their profile page (click their name).

Ian.
Thanks given by:
(18/11/2015, 08:33 PM)Ian Till Wrote: Mike:  A PM is a Private Message, essentially, you can send these to other forum users via their profile page (click their name).

Ian.

Thanks Ian. 
I thought that personal messages were supposed to be sent to one's personal email address, hence the email function found through a person's profile.
Mike
Thanks given by: