prewar 10HP parts needed
Hi,

still looking for few parts for prewar 10HP car. Dust cover for front axle hub. Front door hardware items / internal front door handles, locks RH & LH. Small levers for front door locks. Cardboard door panels / any in useable condition. Steering wheel horn push button.

Question on front door triangular windows - on our car there is no mechanism to adjust their location (no extra lever, no gears, nothing), only original looking lever, locking them in closed position. Was it removed or were there some cars without such a mechanism originally?

Thanks for any help you may offer.

Josef
Thanks given by:
Hi Josef,

The front door triangular windows (known as quarterlights) only had a regulator mechanism fitted on early models.

I noticed an eBay vendor selling a door (and says he has a full set of four). In the photo you can see his door does have the "no-draught regulator" fitted to early cars, so might be worth enquiring if you wanted to get a pair.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-10-or...43deccbc69

Sorry I can't help with other bits.....the same items were missing from my car when I got it and took ages to find. Only the RH door has an internal lock lever: the other door is locked by the key in the handle. I never did find an original lever so made one from a cabinet handle that I bought at a hardware shop.

Regards,
Andy
Thanks given by:
Need some pictures posted to verify the problem.
I have some regulators and may have some of the short splined handles.
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
Interesting - my post-war car had no regulator on the little quarterlight windows, just the pivot and a locking lever.

Why am I posting this? I think the photo shows the same arrangement on that door - the large lump of metal is (I think) the pivot, which looks well over-engineered, but I guess had a friction pivot, which might account for its size. The door-side of the pivot screws to the inside of the door with three bolts I think.

Ian.
Thanks given by:
Guys, thanks for the response and the link for e-bay sale. Seems that our car although pre-war & export model, has the same (friction, spring loaded) type Ian mention, only pivot and locking lever. Seems the e-bay offered door has actually the "gearbox type" regulator only missing its handle. There is no locking lever on the window frame. I will attach some pictures for reference.
Thanks given by:
I may be wrong but I think the 'ebay' door had a winder type quarter light; the splined shaft for the handle is visible. Frame was u/s (Chas can make 'em - in stainless too!)
Thanks given by:
(06/07/2015, 09:11 AM)pepcak Wrote: Guys, thanks for the response and the link for e-bay sale. Seems that our car although pre-war & export model, has the same (friction, spring loaded) type Ian mention, only pivot and locking lever. Seems the e-bay offered door has actually the "gearbox type" regulator only missing its handle. There is no locking lever on the window frame. I will attach some pictures for reference.

pictures.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: