private messages
Hi,

I have a message saying my PM box is full.

I have deleted all my messages but the warning is still there?????????

Please help!

Leigh.
Thanks given by:
One for Ian Till I think!
Thanks given by:
Is he still in the land of the living?
Nothing since 12/4/15
Having said that - he is no longer a member, so who is running the forum??

Leigh,
Try logging out of forum, them back in after 5 minutes.
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
Hi Leigh,

I've increased the limit to 250 messages, which will bail you out of the short term (i.e. instantly) but for future reference, when you delete old messages, you need to then visit the Trash Can message folder and delete them again from there. A bit like asking if you REALLY want to delete them without asking. I realise it's a pain, but that is they way they implemented it and it might one day save you from really deleting something by accident.

Also, if you are letting the forum save your sent items, these also count towards your quota and need to be managed in the same way.

Does this solve it for you?
Thanks given by:
(12/05/2015, 05:35 PM)Chas Wrote: Is he still in the land of the living?
Nothing since 12/4/15
Having said that - he is no longer a member, so who is running the forum??

Sorry Chas, I'm still here. Smile

I use a different (hidden) user account sometimes when checking in from my phone, which helps from a security perspective, particularly if logging in from a public wifi hotspot. Typing my admin password in on one of those is at best dodgy if not outright risky.

New Helpdesk threads prompt a direct email from the forum to my personal email account and are therefore an effective way to reach me.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ian,

I did not know to double delete them, and also did not know about the sent ones.

All fixed now.

Cheers,

Leigh.
Thanks given by:
My pleasure. Smile

Kind regards,

Ian.
Thanks given by: