R type oil bypass filter assy.
Hi Colin
Can't you just add them to this post so we can follow what you and Chas are talking about, it may also help other who may have similar problems. Maybe I'm just nosey but I do find all this sort of stuff interesting, and it has to be better than what I have.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Hi Chas, is what you are looking for the same as the 14J one as I have a spare for that, I shall take some pics. tomorrow and try and post them up or I could send them to your mobile no.

neil
Thanks given by:
(12/03/2015, 10:18 AM)Tom Evans Wrote: Hi Colin
Can't you just add them to this post so we can follow what you and Chas are talking about, it may also help other who may have similar problems. Maybe I'm just nosey but I do find all this sort of stuff interesting, and it has to be better than what I have.
I can't get the pictures to load, say basically they are oversize, absoluatly no idea how to mod them, much easier to 'e' mail direct
Thanks given by:
[I had the same trouble so I have emailed the photos to Chas. He offered to put them up for me.
Thanks given by:
I just posted an easy method of re-sizing photos in the thread

'Pictures / Scans ect'
Thanks given by:
Pictures supplied by "Griffinvale" (Leigh Whitfield) of filter modification/adaption to cartridge type.

Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
Pictures supplied by "cbuk2011" (Colin Bolton) of original R type oil filter.

Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
(14/03/2015, 01:01 AM)Penfold Wrote: I just posted an easy method of re-sizing photos in the thread

'Pictures / Scans ect'

Well done Andy.
I should of mentioned this method long ago. Did not realise so many people were having trouble.
My apologies to those concerned.
Regards.
Chas.

Thanks given by:
(14/03/2015, 09:25 AM)Chas Wrote: Pictures supplied by "cbuk2011" (Colin Bolton) of original R type oil filter.

These are actually Cadet filter parts 1931-33 but would think almost identical to the 20-60.( Although I think the 20-60 filter is slightly longer) The filter is mounted in the chassis rail on the nearside of the engine. The valve assembly has an inlet and outlet conection + a valve to check the oil is flowing thro the cartridge. Inlet is at its center and inside the filter is a cloth bag. The aluminium triangular fitting is one a friend of mine made up for me. It does not have the drain valve to check the oil flow
Thanks given by: