Thumbnails
Hi
I see some of the threads have thumbnails which I guess are pictures of people cars, but I can't open them, does anyone know why?
All I get is Microsoft Office Picture Manager showing a picture of a 'x'
Tom
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom,

Can you point me in the direction of one that doesn't display for you? I will take a look and see if it is a fault with the forum or a missing file somewhere remote as that also happens sometimes.

Regards,

Ian.
Thanks given by:
Hi Ian
Everything that's marked as a thumbnail just comes up as a X.
Like the ones in 'Vauxhall Front Axle for Sale / Swap‏' although I can use the shortcuts that were also added.
Some more samples are:-
10/4 in Prague
Ian T's H-Type Vauxhall 10
It could be something I've done wrong but I can't see what it could be
Thanks
Tom
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom,

Chas had similar problems and I didn't get to the bottom of those yet. I will have another look though.

I did find that posting images hosted elsewhere worked OK though using 'IMG' tags around the link.

This must be something simple in the settings, no doubt buried somewhere. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll have another look at it tomorrow.

Ian.
Thanks given by:
Hi Ian
Have worked out what's wrong yet
Tom
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom,

I have to admit I am a bit stumped. In theory, everything is set up correctly, but any attachments that are posted to the forum are correctly sent to the server and then seem to become inaccessible via the forum. The odd thing is that I can find the thumbnail versions of the photos, which I can download behind the scenes and open up. I cannot find the full size images, but I believe they are stored in the database.

I won't give up. I'm posting into the admin area behind the scenes when I change the settings on here, I may install a second copy of the forum on the server to see if I can fix it via that.

Thanks for the interest. :-)

Ian.
Thanks given by:
Hi there Tom,

Further to my last - have another go now. Smile

It appears it was caused by some anti-spam software that I had to add in to the forum to stop the never ending tide of false registrations quite a long time ago. The good news is that all the original photos are still there and all being well the forum is much more worth reading and using now.

Please let me know if that's fixed it for you - it works well here now.

Ian.
Thanks given by:
Ian
Thanks, all working okay
Tom
Thanks given by:
Excellent, glad to have sorted it eventually.

Ian.
Thanks given by: