1932 Vauxhall Cadet
Great!!
Love the pictures and it's good to see all the good work you've done.
Thanks given by:
(04/06/2014, 09:47 AM)Tom Evans Wrote: Great!!
Love the pictures and it's good to see all the good work you've done.

Thank you Tom Big Grin
1932 Vauxhall Cadet

carruco
Thanks given by:
(04/06/2014, 09:21 AM)carruco Wrote: Hello to all.

Updating our rebuild, find below the work in progress.

Vauxhall Album

Excellent rebuild and it is the car I have seen before on Toyota Landcruiser wheels.(GM based vehicle) Looking at the engine though with the plugs positioned as they are would make this a 26hp Cadet with the 3.5 litre engine unless of course the head has been replaced. Fan is incorrect though and the correct one can be obtained from the American Chevrolet site. <www.fillingstation.com> you can get a multitude of spares for the Cadet from this site including king pins and bushes, water pumps, plugs, fuel pump repair kits ect.
Regards - CB ( Cadet Mentor)

(10/07/2014, 08:27 PM)cbuk2011 Wrote:

Vauxhall Album

Excellent rebuild and it is the car I have seen before on Toyota Landcruiser wheels.(GM based vehicle) Looking at the engine though with the plugs positioned as they are would make this a 26hp Cadet with the 3.5 litre engine unless of course the head has been replaced. Fan is incorrect though and the correct one can be obtained from the American Chevrolet site. <www.fillingstation.com> you can get a multitude of spares for the Cadet from this site including king pins and bushes, water pumps, plugs, fuel pump repair kits ect.
Further comments - the oil filler cap should be aluminium for which I can supply you with a drawing, The side lights look correct if missing the rims - the type are as fitted to the same period Rileys, Intersting you have replaced the wheels with what look like 16" period looking spokes. The car should have 19" wheels with a large hub and appx 6
Thanks given by:

Vauxhall Album

Vauxhall Album

Further comments - the oil filler cap should be aluminium for which I can supply you with a drawing, The side lights look correct if missing the rims - the type are as fitted to the same period Rileys, Intersting you have replaced the wheels with what look like 16" period looking spokes. The car should have 19" wheels with a large hub and appx 6" hub caps if it really is a 1932 Cadet. It is possible however that it is a late 1931 Cadet which would mean that the wheels you have fitted are not unlike the original Series 1 (1931) cars which were of Riley design. The head lights look series one/two design which had a rim width of 7/8" whereas the series 3 cars of 1933 had a rim width of 1.5". The flutes on this car were never chromium plated, just painted in a contrasting colour. You will find the central bonnet hinge is of stainless steel and polishes up quite well.

(11/07/2014, 06:09 PM)cbuk2011 Wrote:

Vauxhall Album

Vauxhall Album

Further comments - the oil filler cap should be aluminium for which I can supply you with a drawing, The side lights look correct if missing the rims - the type are as fitted to the same period Rileys, Intersting you have replaced the wheels with what look like 16" period looking spokes. The car should have 19" wheels with a large hub and appx 6" hub caps if it really is a 1932 Cadet. It is possible however that it is a late 1931 Cadet which would mean that the wheels you have fitted are not unlike the original Series 1 (1931) cars which were of Riley design. The head lights look series one/two design which had a rim width of 7/8" whereas the series 3 cars of 1933 had a rim width of 1.5". The flutes on this car were never chromium plated, just painted in a contrasting colour. You will find the central bonnet hinge is of stainless steel and polishes up quite well.
Looking at the rear of the car the tail lights are incorrect and probably off a period ford Model A. The tail lights and numberplate were hinged off the rear carrier so that they worked in both positions of the luggage carrier. I can supply you with photographs of my 1931 open tourer showing this assembly if you need it.Noticed your spare wheel holders have been modified for the modern Toyota wheels. The originals clamped over the top of the wheel with a screw fitting. You can use the clamps from the Model 'a' Vauxhall as an alternative. Again I can supply photographs of the correct fittings.
Thanks given by:
Hello to all

Just to leave some updated photos of the project.

More soon !!!

[Image: 20141203_135237.jpg]
[Image: 20141203_135307.jpg]
[Image: 20141203_135257.jpg]
[Image: 20141203_135247.jpg]
1932 Vauxhall Cadet

carruco
Thanks given by:
wow looking great
Thanks given by:
Oh wow indeed, from the photos this looks like a lovely restoration, looking forward to seeing more updates. Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello everyone !!

Sorry for the long absence

Final "product"

Certified last week by the ACP (Automovel Clube Portugal) 

Hope you enjoy and thank you all for all the help and feedback.

VAUXHALL ALBUM - https://goo.gl/photos/LTENxVuXzwYMHDv18
1932 Vauxhall Cadet

carruco
Thanks given by:
That's a wonderful restoration. The story told by the pictures is heartening.
Mike Swanton
Thanks given by:
From your pictures the engine looks like the export version 26hp though perhaps the head has been changed as the one you have is off this larger engined Cadet
Thanks given by: