1932 Vauxhall Cadet
(10/04/2013, 09:19 PM)BUGAS03 Wrote:
(10/04/2013, 04:36 PM)carruco Wrote: Hello again,

Below are some updated photos of the project.

The first one recalls the issue I need to get right because the engine is almost ready to be started.
As you can see I marked the place of which I need to know how far down I need to "screw" down, sorry my english isn't perfect... Tongue

All feedback is welcome!!

Cheers

HI
Sorry for use (one more) Portuguese; but ....

Carruro o que desejas saber é a folga das válvulas ???

Sorry to all
In Portuguese, because I can't find the right words in english
É isso mesmo bugas03 !!! fónix não consigo a tradução correcta disso.

Thanks for all your help so far, will post more
Thanks given by:
OK
It is "valves clearence" ... that "carruro" want to know.

Ian; are you telling in millimeters, but in UK you use "inches" .. and "Carruro" want the "exact" gap.
"Carruro"; I want to see this car ... it seems that you live in Arruda dos Vinhos (there I know ANAGRI, only). And where are you restoring it ??
Thanks and regards
Thanks given by:
(11/04/2013, 09:22 AM)BUGAS03 Wrote: OK
It is "valves clearence" ... that "carruro" want to know.

Ian; are you telling in millimeters, but in UK you use "inches" .. and "Carruro" want the "exact" gap.
"Carruro"; I want to see this car ... it seems that you live in Arruda dos Vinhos (there I know ANAGRI, only). And where are you restoring it ??
Thanks and regards

We're rebuilding it near Lourinhã, in Papagovas a town beetween Peniche and Torres Vedras.

Where are you from?
Thanks given by:
I was born in Fontela, near Figueira da Foz; and now I live in Lavos, south Mondego river margin, also Figueira da Foz "concelho".
Thanks given by:
Hi,
Sorry for delay in getting back to you but have been busy.

After a rebuild it's best to turn engine over with starting handle and spark plugs out, just to make sure there is no obstructions within combustion chamber or misplaced push rods.

The valve clearance on first startup (cold) should be in excess of correct clearace when engine is hot.

I set them at all at 0.4mm (0.0157" 15-16 thou) for cold, and then adjust to 0.3mm (.0118"-12 thou) for exhaust and 0.2mm (0.0787"-8 thou) for inlet when hot.

This is presuming your rocker arm contact area with valve stem is not worn.

If you get a noisy tappet (english for valve clearance) you can find which one it is (when hot) by inserting a feeler gauge of 0.1mm or 0.2mm between rocker and valve stem when engine is running, you will notice a change in the sound.

Looked through the pictures you added and it looks like you have done very profesional job.
Only negative observation is the ALTERNATOR!
Unless you going for LED lighting.

Where is the bodywork??

Keep the pictures coming. More contributions like yours is more than welcome.

A speedbird is going to difficult I'm afraid. Nearly on the verge of making some. Will let you know if any become available this end.

PS
Don't worry about your spelling in english, mine is pretty bad too.
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much Chas !!!

Already started the engine and it purrs like a lion Big Grin beautiful

About the speedbird, I've been talking to Mr John Novell from the club but haven't got a reply for a month now...

He told me that someone was carsting them in brass in the beginning of March but so far no more news Sad
1932 Vauxhall Cadet

carruco
Thanks given by:
(09/04/2013, 04:08 PM)carruco Wrote: Does anyone know were I can get a SPEEDBIRD for the radiator cap?

John Novell ( VOC Spares scheme) can have a new one cast for you.
The valve clearances both inlet and exhaust is .008inch
The clearance for the distributer points is .020inch
Thanks given by:
(12/04/2013, 02:17 PM)carruco Wrote: About the speedbird, I've been talking to Mr John Novell from the club but haven't got a reply for a month now...

I wish you the very best of luck in sourcing parts from John when communicating from abroad.

It is so difficult that most people have given up. I recommend looking elsewhere if you want before Christmas
Thanks given by:
I did post a reply but can't see it here so here we go again
Inlet/exhaust valve clearances are '008inch and the points gap is .020inch
CB ( Cadet Mentor)

Tried opening the picture but without luck. Send me you photo's ('e' <cbuk2011@aol.com> and I will give you all the info you need. Seem to remember seeing a picture of this Cadet when it was running on 'Toyota wheels
Thanks given by:
Hello to all.

Updating our rebuild, find below the work in progress.

Vauxhall Album
1932 Vauxhall Cadet

carruco
Thanks given by: