Garage find
Hello,

I wonder if you can help me. I have discovered a 1948 Vauxhall 6 in my dads garage that has been stood for roughly about 25 years. Not sure on condition as it was going dark when I saw it.

I can't seem to find much info on these cars, and I don't know much about classic cars.

I'm sure someone would make better use of it that I ever could

regards
David

Thanks given by:
Hello David, this will be a J type, 1781cc, cost £557 when new, production started again in 1946 and stopped in 1948. I am sure someone in the V.O.C could be interested, if only for spares, if it is not suitable for restoration. More information on the condition would be very useful. I have read some of the comments on the "Pistonhead" web site about the car, and yes, you could do worse than listing it on Ebay, but don't take it to the scrap yard, only as a last resort!
Regards,
Dave

Thanks given by:
(27/12/2011, 02:28 PM)DaveD Wrote: Hello David, this will be a J type, 1781cc, cost £557 when new, production started again in 1946 and stopped in 1948. I am sure someone in the V.O.C could be interested, if only for spares, if it is not suitable for restoration. More information on the condition would be very useful. I have read some of the comments on the "Pistonhead" web site about the car, and yes, you could do worse than listing it on Ebay, but don't take it to the scrap yard, only as a last resort!
Regards,
Dave

had a look at it today and it would take much work to restore it. lots of rust. Need room in this garage so it's open to offers.

Thanks given by:
(27/12/2011, 05:29 PM)llywelyn111 Wrote:
(27/12/2011, 02:28 PM)DaveD Wrote: Hello David, this will be a J type, 1781cc, cost £557 when new, production started again in 1946 and stopped in 1948. I am sure someone in the V.O.C could be interested, if only for spares, if it is not suitable for restoration. More information on the condition would be very useful. I have read some of the comments on the "Pistonhead" web site about the car, and yes, you could do worse than listing it on Ebay, but don't take it to the scrap yard, only as a last resort!
Regards,
Dave

I would put it in the Classifieds section on here, or list it in the club magazine, where more members are likely to see it.

had a look at it today and it would take much work to restore it. lots of rust. Need room in this garage so it's open to offers.

Thanks given by:
Why not post up a price you'd like for it - we do track all of these cars and try to find them owners. The Club also has a newsletter (FluteNews) which carries advertisements to some 400 members, we'll transfer your advert over to that for you, free of charge of course.

To help our register, could you read off the chassis number, engine number and registration number? Don't (please!) post that on here, instead put it in an email to admin@voc1903-57.co.uk and I will pass it on to our registrar, if it pops up as having had an interesting history, I'll share it with you.

Ian.
Thanks given by: