Fuel drain back I think
HI Guys 

i have a 1935 14/6 DX it starts perfect if i start it every day or two but if i leave it for say 3 days i have to poor a little petrol in the carb and away she goes.

i currently do not have the air cleaner fitted could this be the problem allowing the fuel in the bowl to evaporate ??
or could it be the fuel draining back out the carb ??

i have ordered a non return valve to try see if this stops or helps with the issue 

have any of you guys fitted a priming bulb because you get the same issue ??

does anyone else have the same or similar issues if so what did you do to cure it 

TIA Dave
Thanks given by:
(17/10/2019, 08:48 PM)DaveDX Wrote: HI Guys 

i have a 1935 14/6 DX it starts perfect if i start it every day or two but if i leave it for say 3 days i have to poor a little petrol in the carb and away she goes.

i currently do not have the air cleaner fitted could this be the problem allowing the fuel in the bowl to evaporate ??
or could it be the fuel draining back out the carb ??

i have ordered a non return valve to try see if this stops or helps with the issue 

have any of you guys fitted a priming bulb because you get the same issue ??

does anyone else have the same or similar issues if so what did you do to cure it 

TIA Dave

Yes I have fitted priming bulbs to all my cars. I have been having the same problems, now cured
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem on my D. Ideally it would best to fit a fuel pump with a priming lever. The problem is finding one!
One minor advantage of the prolonged cranking to start is that the oil is getting circulated under pressure to the bearings first - look on the bright side!
Thanks given by:
I had the same problem with my GYs but over the past year I've found fuel pumps of the correct design but with a priming lever. With just a little "tickle" the bowl is refilled and starting isn't a problem for an engine that has stood for a month or two.
Thanks given by: