New Owner
Hi I am Dave live in Hereford 
recently acquired a beautiful 1935 14/6 from a member of this club 

he was a great guy really helpful and was a pleasure to meet him and his wife 

i have owned classics before buy 60s 70s cars nothing this old so i will be on here a lot looking for advice and i new a few small bits to finish her off 

Dave
Thanks given by:
Welcome, Dave.
Hope you'll be joining the club soon. What 'bits' are you looking for?
Thanks given by:
(15/10/2019, 09:03 PM)DaveDX Wrote: Hi I am Dave live in Hereford 

i have owned classics before buy 60s 70s cars nothing this old so i will be on here a lot looking for advice and i new a few small bits to finish her off 

Dave

Hi Dave I run a 1940s J14/6 use it regularly for trips up the coast in suffolk /norfolk , happy around 50mph good on fuel , a tad under 30 to the gallon. A part from a failed rota arm not had one breakdown in 3 years. 
Gary
Thanks given by:
(15/10/2019, 09:03 PM)DaveDX Wrote: Hi I am Dave live in Hereford 

Dave

Quite a few bits here in the store if you need anything. <cbuk2011@aol.Com> Assume you will be joining.
Check the front suspension units, they leak and need regular topping up, also the rubber joints between the rear springs and axle perish and allow the axle to rotate. This ends up fraying the brake cables. See if you can remove the fan belt, if it sticks under the crankshaft pulley the engine support rubbers need replacing. There is also a cross member which supports the front wings which is centrally mounted to the chassis on a rubber bush. Check this has not failed. Good car and should bob along around 50mph
On-On
Colin Bolton
Thanks given by:
Good advice, and a good check list, Colin.
Mike
Thanks given by:
(16/10/2019, 06:23 AM)Chris Knapman Wrote: Welcome, Dave.
Hope you'll be joining the club soon. What 'bits' are you looking for?

Yes will defiantly be joining, I will be looking for help and advice so dont mind paying the few quid that helps with the club being able to keep running
Thanks given by:
(16/10/2019, 06:23 AM)Chris Knapman Wrote:  What 'bits' are you looking for?

the fisrt few things i have noticed i need is a set of wipers and the arms and an air cleaner i have one but it fouls on the staberlising bar under the bonnet
Thanks given by:
(16/10/2019, 03:38 PM)cbuk2011 Wrote: Quite a few bits here in the store if you need anything. <cbuk2011@aol.Com> Assume you will be joining.
Check the front suspension units, they leak and need regular topping up, also the rubber joints between the rear springs and axle perish and allow the axle to rotate. This ends up fraying the brake cables. See if you can remove the fan belt, if it sticks under the crankshaft pulley the engine support rubbers need replacing. There is also a cross member which supports the front wings which is centrally mounted to the chassis on a rubber bush. Check this has not failed. Good car and should bob along around 50mph
On-On
Colin Bolton

thanks a lot some great advice i will check some if not all of these things out over the next week or so 
buy this week end will be clearing space in the garage lol
Thanks given by:
(16/10/2019, 06:23 AM)Chris Knapman Wrote: Welcome, Dave.
Hope you'll be joining the club soon. 

membership form completed and fee sent Smile
Thanks given by:
(16/10/2019, 09:10 PM)DaveDX Wrote:
(16/10/2019, 06:23 AM)Chris Knapman Wrote:  What 'bits' are you looking for?

the fisrt few things i have noticed i need is a set of wipers and the arms and an air cleaner i have one but it fouls on the staberlising bar under the bonnet

completeautomobilist.com for the wipers
The stabilising bars which have adjustment screws incorporated are suppose to be for positioning the radiator surround and grill and adjusting its angle to match the bonnet. They do not work very well and merley twist the surround. We have found that if you remove the rods from the front and then bend them to fix near the top side of the surround they work very well for adjustment. Doing this you will also be able to retain your current air cleaner. See attached picture

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: