Rear axle rubber bump stops
I hope my description of this single solid rubber bump stop that is held by a plate under the rear spring U bolts is the right way to refer to it.
I am in need of 4 of them for 2 1938 Vauxhall 25s, model GY. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I could find them?
Mike
Thanks given by:
(26/08/2019, 11:48 PM)Mike Swanton Wrote: I hope my description of this single solid rubber bump stop that is held by a plate under the rear spring U bolts is the right way to refer to it.
I am in need of 4 of them for 2 1938 Vauxhall 25s, model GY. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I could find them?
Mike

Have you a picture of one - Will look thro my spares. Also try Ron Shier he has some G spares.
Thanks given by: Mike Swanton
[attachment=1630 Wrote:cbuk2011 pid='6012' dateline='1566926767']        
(26/08/2019, 11:48 PM)Mike Swanton Wrote: I hope my description of this single solid rubber bump stop that is held by a plate under the rear spring U bolts is the right way to refer to it.
Mike

Have you a picture of one - Will look thro my spares. Also try Ron Shier he has some G spares.

Pictures of bump stop attached, missing its top half, plus a picture of the carrier that is held on to the rear diff by the suspension U bolts. The rear curved base of the bump stop fits up into the carrier. Does anyone know where I could find 4 of these rubber items?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
The hole in the carrier is two inches in diameter, so the bump stop is relatively large by Vauxhall standards.
Thanks given by:
(29/08/2019, 02:08 AM)Mike Swanton Wrote: The hole in the carrier is two inches in diameter, so the bump stop is relatively large by Vauxhall standards.

Good to hear you have found them at I & I Reproductions - As fitted to Buicks,
Thanks given by:
Whilst I can't find these GY, Vauxhall 25, rubber bump stops through the usual contacts in UK, Australia or NZ, I have located an almost identical part that fits, as used by a Buick of the same age (1938).
For anyone with a need to replace their GY's rear axle bump stops, try Steele Rubber out of the US, part number 50-0294-35
Mike
Thanks given by: BUGAS03