GY model rear shock absorbers
Has anyone got a pair of GY model rear shock absorbers (as hidden in front of the fuel tank) plus the joining torsion bar? I have now stripped down 2 Luton assembled 1938 GYs for restoration, only to find that the rear torsion bar plus the two rear original shock absorbers are missing. These heavy cars need that torsion bar to take corners comfortably.
Mike Swanton
Thanks given by:
(08/06/2019, 09:45 PM)Mike Swanton Wrote: Has anyone got a pair of GY model rear shock absorbers (as hidden in front of the fuel tank) plus the joining torsion bar? I have now stripped down 2 Luton assembled 1938 GYs for restoration, only to find that the rear torsion bar plus the two rear original shock absorbers are missing. These heavy cars need that torsion bar to take corners comfortably.
Mike Swanton

Try Ron Shier also what do the shock absorbers look like?
CB
Thanks given by: Mike Swanton
(08/06/2019, 09:45 PM)Mike Swanton Wrote: Has anyone got a pair of GY model rear shock absorbers (as hidden in front of the fuel tank) plus the joining torsion bar? I have now stripped down 2 Luton assembled 1938 GYs for restoration, only to find that the rear torsion bar plus the two rear original shock absorbers are missing. These heavy cars need that torsion bar to take corners comfortably.
Mike Swanton

Mike,

I have two pairs of (stripped ready for rebuild) shocks in stock with a bars.
Looking at the log, they are in good condition with reground valves and pistons, springs of valves and pistons have had spring rates checked.
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by: Mike Swanton
Thanks Colin and Chas.
I've sent you both personal messages.
Mike
Thanks given by: