Gracious Vauxhalls Exported
I have just finished reading Ian Coomber's terrific book on Vauxhalls. What a great record of Vauxhall development.
My problem is that I am carried away wondering what beautiful Vauxhall veterans might still exist, out of the sight. Does anyone know if any of the gracious veterans that were exported to Russia or India, for example, still exist? I wonder about those two countries in particular because of the wealthy individuals who lived there in the early 20th century who would have purchased such gracious veterans. Those cars were probably destroyed or discarded in time but maybe one or two have survived? I haven't read any publication that might shed light on such Vauxhall survivors.
Mike
Thanks given by:
(03/04/2019, 08:18 AM)Mike Swanton Wrote: I have just finished reading Ian Coomber's terrific book on Vauxhalls. What a great record of Vauxhall development.
My problem is that I am carried away wondering what beautiful Vauxhall veterans might still exist, out of the sight. Does anyone know if any of the gracious veterans that were exported to Russia or India, for example, still exist? I wonder about those two countries in particular because of the wealthy individuals who lived there in the early 20th century who would have purchased such gracious veterans. Those cars were probably destroyed or discarded in time but maybe one or two have survived? I haven't read any publication that might shed light on such Vauxhall survivors.
Mike

Hi Mike,
Yes I have read this book, fascinating especially production during wartime and also the influence of GM.
Les
Thanks given by: