1935 DX
Not a lot of progress made on my car last couple of years so this year I have new determination to get it rolling.
When I look I think I just have this bit to do and then we'll be there but that's just me breaking the whole project in to little pieces. So at the moment I'm concentrating on doors, when I got it back from respray the door alignment was so bad it put me off but as I work out what its wrong I get sense of achievement and a bit of progress.
Thanks given by:
(01/02/2019, 11:16 PM)Tom Evans Wrote: Not a lot of progress made on my car last couple of years so this year I have new determination to get it rolling.
When I look I think I just have this bit to do and then we'll be there but that's just me breaking the whole project in to little pieces. So at the moment I'm concentrating on doors, when I got it back from respray the door alignment was so bad it put me off but as I work out what its wrong I get sense of achievement and a bit of progress.

Would have been better if you had sorted the door alignment before respraying. We had a lot of problems on Ron Shiers Coupe ( Cynthia) One of the faults is that the wooden inner frame joints distort. We resorted in the end to welding the outer door skin to the hinges to overcome the sag.  Get her on the road and fix the bits as she is running.
I have fitted 16" Taxi radial tyres to Cynthia. They are readily available on 'ebay' at appx £30 a tyre ( 8 ply rating)
Thanks given by:
(02/02/2019, 10:47 AM)cbuk2011 Wrote:
(01/02/2019, 11:16 PM)Tom Evans Wrote: Not a lot of progress made on my car last couple of years so this year I have new determination to get it rolling.

Would have been better if you had sorted the door alignment before respraying. We had a lot of problems on Ron Shiers Coupe ( Cynthia) One of the faults is that the wooden inner frame joints distort. We resorted in the end to welding the outer door skin to the hinges to overcome the sag.  Get her on the road and fix the bits as she is running.
I have fitted 16" Taxi radial tyres to Cynthia. They are readily available on 'ebay' at appx £30 a tyre ( 8 ply rating)
Hi Tom, I fitted 16'' taxi tyres too and although the ride was a little harder, it transformed the steering. I don't think I will ever be able to wear them out.

Clive.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(02/02/2019, 04:23 PM)Clive Wrote:
(02/02/2019, 10:47 AM)cbuk2011 Wrote:

Hi Tom, I fitted 16'' taxi tyres too and although the ride was a little harder, it transformed the steering. I don't think I will ever be able to wear them out.

Clive.

Thanks for the engine picture, will help me making the plug cowl
Thanks given by:
Just two points:

The engine side plate and plug cowl look perfect. I've got to simulate that on my 1935. However I think the oil filler cap is not 1935. It should have the .008 valve gap written on top.

On the setting of the doors, I found I had to screw and glue the door timbers with the door hanging in place on its hinges and strapped closed so as to hold the steel skin in the correct shape. Otherwise the door won't necessarily fit afterwards.

Mike
Thanks given by: