HUB CAPS. G & D types.
After considering various re-manufacturing processes of these Hub Cap skins, the final costing is as follows.

Material is Polished stainless steel, 3000 series.
Price per skin for G type is £155.00. each, (No taxes apply).
Price per skin for D type is £168.50. each, Centre hole and Stainless screw provided. (No taxes apply).

This costing is taking into account the tooling cost.
No profits are applied to total tooling cost.
The number of skins required to generate a start of manufacture is a quantity of 27 ordered.
This equates to £4185.00. which is the actual tooling cost.

Each Skin will be provided with the following:
A "Vauxhall" emblem as per original design and configuration.
A lip to be turned onto steel cap for fitting.

The price does not include:
Fitting to steel cap/shell.
Packing or postage.

A 50% deposit with order is required.
Final payment to be made when order is ready for dispatch.

Sorry for the price gents, but that's the cost.
I'm not making a profit out of this as some of you will see and understand.
Main cost is materials and CNC machining, as accuracy is paramount with the process (spinning and hydro forming to 650-700 bar).
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by: BUGAS03
Thanks Chas. Yes I'm up for 6 G model hub cap skins.
Mike Swanton
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your work on this Chas, much appreciated.

I am still trying to get some feedback from Australian owners and have put an item in the next Australian club newsletter.

You have given a final cost based on an order of 27 to start, I assume this is 27 in total not 27 D and 27 G.

As I see it there are only a handful of G and D owners in Australia and as much as I would like to say they are all going to get really keen and order at least a set plus spares somehow I cannot see that happening.

If, for instance, we get orders for 60 - 15 sets of 4 - are we going to see a reduction in cost. I suspect possibly but not very much?

I will do my best here to generate orders but I wont be able to advertise the above prices until the start of March as our February newsletter has already gone to the printer.

Cheers,

Leigh.
Thanks given by:
(17/01/2019, 01:20 AM)griffinvale Wrote: Thanks for your work on this Chas, much appreciated.
I am still trying to get some feedback from Australian owners and have put an item in the next Australian club newsletter.
You have given a final cost based on an order of 27 to start, I assume this is 27 in total not 27 D and 27 G.
As I see it there are only a handful of G and D owners in Australia and as much as I would like to say they are all going to get really keen and order at least a set plus spares somehow I cannot see that happening.
If, for instance, we get orders for 60 - 15 sets of 4 - are we going to see a reduction in cost. I suspect possibly but not very much?
I will do my best here to generate orders but I wont be able to advertise the above prices until the start of March as our February newsletter has already gone to the printer.

Leigh,

The qty. includes G and D in total.
Your enquiries will no doubt help to boost the numbers.

As for reduction in cost, I guess there will be some eventually but as you indicated it won't be much, as this tooling cost does not include my labour.
Anyway, we will see.
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
Chas
Thanks for all this.
My gob was a bit smacked when I looked at it.
£155 for the outer skin of one solitary hub cap! I only paid £175 for the whole car, coming up for 50 years ago.
It reminds me of the story of my grandfather arriving home to tell my grandmother he had just bought a cottage as an investment for £50. She was horrified at his extravagance. He replied that one day you would not be able to buy a front door for that amount.
If, in 1970, someone had told me I would have to pay £620 for a set of hubcap skins I don't think I would have bought the car!
Put me down for 4, please.

Richard
Thanks given by:
(22/01/2019, 06:43 PM)Richard Wrote: Chas
Thanks for all this.
My gob was a bit smacked when I looked at it.
£155 for the outer skin of one solitary hub cap! I only paid £175 for the whole car, coming up for 50 years ago.
It reminds me of the story of my grandfather arriving home to tell my grandmother he had just bought a cottage as an investment for £50. She was horrified at his extravagance. He replied that one day you would not be able to buy a front door for that amount.
If, in 1970, someone had told me I would have to pay £620 for a set of hubcap skins I don't think I would have bought the car!
Put me down for 4, please.

Richard
Richard,
Will put you on the list for contact when it looks like we have enough to start.
Regards.
Chas.

Thanks given by:
Hi Chas,

I have preliminary orders for 20. I will need to confirm these at the price you have quoted.

The final cost and details will be in the next VOCA newsletter due out early March.

Hopefully a few more orders will come in through the detailed ad I have inserted.

Do we have a cut off date on when the orders have to be in?

Also I have been asked what thickness is the stainless?

Cheers,

Leigh.
Thanks given by:
(18/02/2019, 11:01 PM)griffinvale Wrote: Hi Chas,

I have preliminary orders for 20. I will need to confirm these at the price you have quoted.

The final cost and details will be in the next VOCA newsletter due out early March.

Hopefully a few more orders will come in through the detailed ad I have inserted.

Do we have a cut off date on when the orders have to be in?

Also I have been asked what thickness is the stainless?

Cheers,

Leigh.

Leigh.

There is no cut off date as I'm sure individual decisions will vary.

The thickness is 0.5mm in 304 stainless.
Regards.
Chas.

Thanks given by:
Hi Chas.
Have you got sufficient interest to commence production?
Mike
Thanks given by:
(26/03/2019, 12:15 AM)Mike Swanton Wrote: Hi Chas.
Have you got sufficient interest to commence production?
Mike

Have verbal requests for qty. 14 hubcaps so far.
Regards.
Chas.

Thanks given by: