1938 Vauxhall 12/4 I type.
More pictures of my 1938 12/4 I type

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: Mike Swanton
I am green with envy! love the interior!
Thanks given by:
(29/10/2018, 11:06 AM)Peter Weddepohl Wrote: I am green with envy! love the interior!

Hello Peter, it is finished at last !!  I am pleased that you are suitably impressed !!  How is your 12 performing ?
Best wishes,
Dave.
Thanks given by:
(29/10/2018, 03:27 PM)DaveD Wrote:
(29/10/2018, 11:06 AM)Peter Weddepohl Wrote: I am green with envy! love the interior!

Hello Peter, it is finished at last !!  I am pleased that you are suitably impressed !!  How is your 12 performing ?
Best wishes,
Dave.

Good morning Dave, I love yours being so true to the original! and I love the maroon and black of your other one! Mine is behaving very well at the moment.....the diff is sorted out and engine running sweetly, between my son and I, we have used it quite a lot on long drives and my wife and I plan to join a 3 day pre-war tour in May. I want to spare it for our tour because as I have found out, when it goes wrong I have a terrible problem with spares! My new eBay hunt is for hubcaps, mine are not good, the insides have rust and skins have metal fatigue. I dont know if I told you that my son and I picked up an Austin Ruby ( whose engine nbow ent into self destruct Sad )and I find it very interesting to compare the two cars, no wonder the Vauxhall 10 was such a hit at the '37 motor show, the 12/4 is even better, such a shame that a car that really led the way is hardly recognised.
Im glad you managed to get the front mudguards sorted out! 31 years of restoration really was worth it! Bet you wish you'd finished sooner!
Peter
Thanks given by:
(30/10/2018, 05:46 AM)Peter Weddepohl Wrote:

Best wishes,
Dave.

Good morning Dave, I love yours being so true to the original! and I love the maroon and black of your other one! Mine is behaving very well at the moment.....the diff is sorted out and engine running sweetly, between my son and I, we have used it quite a lot on long drives and my wife and I plan to join a 3 day pre-war tour in May. I want to spare it for our tour because as I have found out, when it goes wrong I have a terrible problem with spares! My new eBay hunt is for hubcaps, mine are not good, the insides have rust and skins have metal fatigue. I dont know if I told you that my son and I picked up an Austin Ruby ( whose engine nbow ent into self destruct  Sad  )and I find it very interesting to compare the two cars, no wonder the Vauxhall 10 was such a hit at the '37 motor show, the 12/4 is even better, such a shame that a car that really led the way is hardly recognised.
Im glad you managed to get the front mudguards sorted out! 31 years of restoration really was worth it! Bet you wish you'd finished sooner!
Peter
I have a few 12/4 parts including a hub cap, good condition but painted silver
Send me the dimensions so I can check if you are interested
Thanks given by:
(30/10/2018, 03:01 PM)cbuk2011 Wrote:
(30/10/2018, 05:46 AM)Peter Weddepohl Wrote:

Best wishes,
Dave.

Good morning Dave, I love yours being so true to the original! and I love the maroon and black of your other one! Mine is behaving very well at the moment.....the diff is sorted out and engine running sweetly, between my son and I, we have used it quite a lot on long drives and my wife and I plan to join a 3 day pre-war tour in May. I want to spare it for our tour because as I have found out, when it goes wrong I have a terrible problem with spares! My new eBay hunt is for hubcaps, mine are not good, the insides have rust and skins have metal fatigue. I dont know if I told you that my son and I picked up an Austin Ruby ( whose engine nbow ent into self destruct  Sad  )and I find it very interesting to compare the two cars, no wonder the Vauxhall 10 was such a hit at the '37 motor show, the 12/4 is even better, such a shame that a car that really led the way is hardly recognised.
Peter
I have a few 12/4 parts including a hub cap, good condition but painted silver
Send me the dimensions so I can check if you are interested

I am definitely interested, what other parts do you have? The hubcaps are, 84.5cm (32 1/2") in circumference, I am in Cape Town South Africa, but may have a friend coming over in May who could help me or us mail as I have done in the past, my email address is ptweddepohl@absamail.co.za , regards Peter    
Thanks given by: