Hub Caps D&G types.
Gentlemen,

The question of these Hub Cap skins has been going on for a long time now. Mike Swanton has been chasing the guy who is remanufacturing the caps but there have been frustrating delays. The chap now says there is a rib on the cap due to the manufacturing process (I think I know what he's talking about). Sounds like this cannot be eliminated, therefore the caps will not be as original. So -

Before committing myself to a large expenditure on tooling for hub caps in stainless steel.

I need to have an idea of the amount of caps that would be required for each model.

If you are interested, please state your model and quantity required so I can compile a wish list.

Email me to asudo@aol.com or send a PM.

With the list I can determine the approximate number required, therefore enabling me to give a costing in various scenario's.

Once I have a list complete I will then give a time period/turnaround to the caps being available, probably 4-6 months.
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by: BUGAS03
Well done Chas.
My question is, how will you deal with the old rusty steel inners of the old hub caps we all have? Are you contemplating people sending you restored and rust protected steel inners for you to reskin?
Mike
Thanks given by:
(02/10/2018, 10:50 PM)Mike Swanton Wrote: Well done Chas.
My question is, how will you deal with the old rusty steel inners of the old hub caps we all have? Are you contemplating people sending you restored and rust protected steel inners for you to reskin?
Mike
Mike,

In the ideal world - People could send their old caps in for re-skinning or do the re-skinning themselves.

If sending me the caps, I would expect them to be de-skinned and in a clean condition.
If treated in some way (as to their satisfaction) this would make the re-skin less labour intensive.

If sent in condition as in 'directly coming off wheel' an extra charge would be incurred for de-skinning and preserving.

Any repairs would be subject to a cost.

In any case, a quote would be issued for any of the about scenarios.
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
Hi Chas,

I was working with Mike on the NZ remanufacture of these skins, which when I found out they were not going to be faithful to the original I backed off on them also.

If you like I will canvas the Australian D & G owners about who would be interested in these and I will forward the approximate number to you.

I have plenty of G caps, even some NOS ones. (these unfortunately have blemishes on them so need to be redone also)

I will get back to you when I know more.

Leigh.
Thanks given by:
(04/10/2018, 04:34 AM)griffinvale Wrote: Hi Chas,

I was working with Mike on the NZ remanufacture of these skins, which when I found out they were not going to be faithful to the original I backed off on them also.

If you like I will canvas the Australian D & G owners about who would be interested in these and I will forward the approximate number to you.

I have plenty of G caps, even some NOS ones. (these unfortunately have blemishes on them so need to be redone also)

I will get back to you when I know more.

Leigh.

Leigh,

That would be good, more numbers requiring the caps will obviously reflect on the final costing.
Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Chas.

Thanks given by:
I still haven't had any positive reply from Dave Patten who is making the GY hubcaps for me.
Mike
Thanks given by: