Vauxhall and I
Good evening everyone, I have recently joined this club and look forward to meeting with some of you. My car is a 1957 E-Series Velox. I owned a 1958 CA Bedford Dormobile split screen for about ten years. 
The Velox is almost on the road having not turned a wheel since 1970. I'm experiencing some difficulty in obtaining original exhaust hanging straps and a few exterior trim items but nothing more. The car was a non runner when I bought it just over two years ago. 
                     All the best for now,

Fad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(12/06/2018, 08:02 PM)Fad Gadget Wrote: Good evening everyone, I have recently joined this club and look forward to meeting with some of you. My car is a 1957 E-Series Velox. I owned a 1958 CA Bedford Dormobile split screen for about ten years. 
The Velox is almost on the road having not turned a wheel since 1970. I'm experiencing some difficulty in obtaining original exhaust hanging straps and a few exterior trim items but nothing more. The car was a non runner when I bought it just over two years ago. 
                     All the best for now,

Fad

Hi Fad,
Lovely to see your project. 
I'd call your EIP a 1956 model from the front and rear grill / lights. The body stripe / swauge makes me think of Cresta models here in New Zealand.
Can you post a photo or two of the inside, including the door panels.
If you do have difficulties with parts don't forget that a lot of cars of that model were built in New Zealand, Australia,South Africa, etc and parts are still available in those countries.
Mike
Thanks given by:
Nice to hear from a new member and news of another classic Vauxhall about to hit the road, your 1958 CA Bedford sounds interesting, could you post some photo's.
wishing you all the best.

Les
Thanks given by:
I visited the UK in 1966, doing my "overseas experience" after university here in New Zealand. I purchased a car, 1956 E model Vauxhall, just like yours in Wiltshire and drove it everywhere that year. Whilst driving on those lovely narrow roads, with passing bays, on the top northern coast of Scotland I broke a rear spring leaf and she settled down on that corner alarmingly. I had been forced to stop just beside a lone crofters cottage so I went there for help. It turned out that the bloke living there actually ran an E model Vauxhall AND he had a damaged spare E model Vauxhall by the side of the cottage. With his blessing I then used the timbers lying by the cottage to lever the car (it didn't have any wheels on) up off the ground and within an hour or so I had managed to remove a rear spring. Another hour and I had the replacement leaf spring installed on my car and was very gratefully on my way. What a fortuitous time for the rear spring to break and in such an isolated place.
Mike
Thanks given by: