G & mark 2 D model hubcap skins
So far Chas he hasn't explained anything about his manufacturing process.
And he has increased his price from Leigh's estimate of $180, to $250 + GST + p & p. GST is our equivalent of your VAT.
He has not yet replied to my request for volume pricing but I won't pursue that until I've had a chance to see the quality of his work.
Mike
Thanks given by:
Mike
I am interested in probably a couple of G hubcap skins
Richard
Thanks given by:
Hi Richard,
I've had interest expressed from England, and I've had interest from Australia as well.
So I've media blasted a set of steel GY hubcap inners, repaired them and then posted them down to have these stainless steel skins fitted.
I wasn't able to make out fine detail on the skins he had already produced so I couldn't really assess the quality of his work. By getting a set made up for my own GY I will be able to describe the result more fully and let you know if they are a good reproduction.
I will be taking a sample with me to Australia when I attend their national rally next month. So with that deadline in mind I have given a deadline for the hubcaps to be back with me by 10 April. I should be able to post a photo and give more detail on this forum at that time.
Mike
Thanks given by:
Mike,
Please add me to the list of interested parties, subject to your strict quality control, I would be interested in 8 of them.

Vic
Thanks given by:
Mike,
Any news on the reproductions?
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
(18/05/2018, 06:31 PM)Chas Wrote: Mike,
Any news on the reproductions?

He missed the deadline of my going to The Australian National Vauxhall rally in April. I was hoping to take a sample with me.
I'm still waiting for the set he is producing for me to see if they are a good reproduction. 
I'll be back on line when they turn up!
Mike
Thanks given by:
Mike,
Any news on these Hub caps?
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
(25/09/2018, 12:57 PM)Chas Wrote: Mike,

Sorry Chas, no news yet. It is frustrating. 
I spoke to the supplier, Dave Patten, recently and he said that he couldn't eliminate the outer rib that he includes with his hub caps. Some manufacturing issue I think. Now that would mean that his eventual hub caps will vary from the original design that is smooth outside the "Vauxhall" design that sits in the middle. 
I told him that I was still interested and he had hoped to return my restored steel inners with his stainless steel outers folded over them by last week. Nothing has turned up and I believe he is on holiday now for a short while.
I'll keep chasing but his unreliability is a problem.
Mike
Thanks given by:
(02/10/2018, 05:02 AM)Mike Swanton Wrote:
(25/09/2018, 12:57 PM)Chas Wrote: Mike,

Sorry Chas, no news yet. It is frustrating. 
I spoke to the supplier, Dave Patten, recently and he said that he couldn't eliminate the outer rib that he includes with his hub caps. Some manufacturing issue I think. Now that would mean that his eventual hub caps will vary from the original design that is smooth outside the "Vauxhall" design that sits in the middle. 
I told him that I was still interested and he had hoped to return my restored steel inners with his stainless steel outers folded over them by last week. Nothing has turned up and I believe he is on holiday now for a short while.
I'll keep chasing but his unreliability is a problem.
Mike

OK Mike,
Let me know as soon as you can.
Regards.
Chas.

Thanks given by: