Track rod ends
I am trying to find Velox track rod ends. According to what I can see the 2 track rods (the short ones) are male threaded and the adjustable ends are female. Ones that I have seen for sale appear to be male ends to fit (obviously) 2 female  ends on the rod. I can't find an exploded diagram of the Series E steering. Can anyone help? The ends are OK but the boots have perished and steam cleaning the whole front end exposed this. Any help appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Type in search box on Ebay - Vauxhall E track rod ends.
Make sure you check on thread diameter and teeth per inch, plus height/diameter of tapered fitting as some sellers pass odd ball ends as fitting and/or they don't know what they are selling.
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
(12/12/2017, 12:27 PM)Chas Wrote: Type in search box on Ebay - Vauxhall E track rod ends.
Make sure you check on thread diameter and teeth per inch, plus height/diameter of tapered fitting as some sellers pass odd ball ends as fitting and/or they don't know what they are selling.

Chas,

That's what I did and that's the problem. Ones advertised as fitting Velox/Wyvern for mid 50's seem to be male ended but without taking the steering apart (it's working fine but I'm trying to improve the car in general and steam cleaning opened the boots) it would appear that the 2 short track rods are male ended and the ends would need to be female. The workshop manual, unlike the one I have for my A35, does not show a schematic of the steering system so I was hoping someone might help. I will wait till the better weather and get the car on the ramps and have a good look. In the meantime it is warm and dry in my garage. Regards,  Bill
Thanks given by:
Hi Bill,

Could you not replace the track rod end boots? I have a small variety of different sized boots, if you could send me a picture of your remains.

Regards,
Clive
Thanks given by:
(13/12/2017, 05:52 PM)Clive Wrote: Hi Bill,

Could you not replace the track rod end boots? I have a small variety of different sized boots, if you could send me a picture of your remains.

Regards,
Clive

Thanks Clive. Will do asap. They are held on with wire clips and may be replaceable. Watch this space. Regards,  Bill
Thanks given by: