1935 DX Stratford foot starter
Can anyone help me?
The photo, attached, shows the bulkhead of my 1935 Stratford Tourer as I am restoring her.
She has a foot starter, as well as the usual 3 pedals on the floor, positioned to the upper left of the pedals. 
The image shows the usual throttle assembly on the engine side of the bulkhead and below that, sitting behind where the usual manifold assembly should be, there is the arm from the starter pedal protruding through the bulkhead. The Stratford must have used a push linkage mechanism to activate the starter, as opposed to the usual cable pull linkage in the DX sedan.
I am missing the linkage arm that would have extended from the starter pedal arm, pictured, to the starter motor. It may have had an attachment to the motor to stabilise its action, a rotation element, and / or a return spring. 
Can anyone send a photo of the mechanism so I can remake it, or ideally does anyone have such a part?
The engine is at last rebuilt and is back in the car. Now I am slowly adding all the peripherals with the goal of having her mechanicals completed by years end.
Mike Swanton

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(19/10/2017, 09:08 PM)Mike Swanton Wrote: Can anyone help me?
The photo, attached, shows the bulkhead of my 1935 Stratford Tourer as I am restoring her.
She has a foot starter, as well as the usual 3 pedals on the floor, positioned to the upper left of the pedals. 
The image shows the usual throttle assembly on the engine side of the bulkhead and below that, sitting behind where the usual manifold assembly should be, there is the arm from the starter pedal protruding through the bulkhead. The Stratford must have used a push linkage mechanism to activate the starter, as opposed to the usual cable pull linkage in the DX sedan.
I am missing the linkage arm that would have extended from the starter pedal arm, pictured, to the starter motor. It may have had an attachment to the motor to stabilise its action, a rotation element, and / or a return spring. 
Can anyone send a photo of the mechanism so I can remake it, or ideally does anyone have such a part?
The engine is at last rebuilt and is back in the car. Now I am slowly adding all the peripherals with the goal of having her mechanicals completed by years end.
Mike Swanton

The early DX's were I believe fitted with 'A' type starter motors operated bt the foot button inside the car. Your arm thro the bulkhead would have connected to this operating mechanism. I have just taken some photo's of one of these starters, Send me your 'e' address and I will forward the pictures. I can;t figure out how to do it on this site.
   <cbuk2011@aol'com>
Thanks given by:
Thanks. That's great news.
My email address is mikeswanton@hotmail.com
Mike
Thanks given by:
As far as I can recall from when I had an early D (and A) you have all the bits in place! The protruding rod connects to the starter pinion yoke. The return spring is on the starter pedal shaft assembly.
Thanks given by:
(20/10/2017, 09:57 AM)Chris Knapman Wrote: As far as I can recall from when I had an early D (and A) you have all the bits in place! The protruding rod connects to the starter pinion yoke. The return spring is on the starter pedal shaft assembly.

That seems correct Chris, unless he has the incorrect starter motor?
Thanks given by:
That's the rub. The starter motor hasn't got the correct arm on it. I'll now check my local spares.
Thanks a million for the help.
Mike
Thanks given by: