Brake fluid Reservoir (Velox L)
Bleeding and flushing brakes can be a pain, mainly because the master cylinder reservoir is so tiny that it involves topping up every fourth depression of the brake pedal or if you are using a vacuum bleeder how do you guess when to stop. I have thought that you could maybe screw an extension into the reservoir ie plastic milk container with the bottom cut out, but finding the correct size of thread 1 and 3/16 etc to seal the connection is the difficult bit. Maybe Chas could come up with a fabrication to do this or anybody with a solution would be very welcome.
Regards Les
Thanks given by:
(12/07/2017, 11:37 AM)Bish Wrote: Bleeding and flushing brakes can be a pain, mainly because the master cylinder reservoir is so tiny that it involves topping up every fourth depression of the brake pedal or if you are using a vacuum bleeder how do you guess when to stop. I have thought that you could maybe screw an extension into the reservoir ie plastic milk container with the bottom cut out, but finding the correct size of thread 1 and 3/16 etc to seal the connection is the difficult bit. Maybe Chas could come up with a fabrication to do this or anybody with a solution would be very welcome.
Regards Les

The very worst car I have ever owned for bleeding the hydraulics was a Rover 75 (the later BMW type). The clutch slave cylinder is inside the bell housing, like so many cars and is renowned for leaking.
Searching around for the reservoir, I found it was part of the master cylinder under the dash. It contained about half an eggcup full, just enough to allow the system to work. The only way to fill it was with a plastic container and plastic pipe. Squeezing the container filled up the reservoir, the remainder went all over the floor. Hurrah!
Thanks given by: