Dx parts needed.
Hi all,

I have recently bought a 1935 DX and I am need of some parts-many no doubt-to help get the old dear back up and running.

The starter is very slow and lazy,and quite noisy.It could do with being reconditioned,though nobody in my area is keen on doing it.A decent 2nd hand replacement or suitable shop to have the original redone would be ideal if anyone can help.I also need a fuel pump,as the lower part of the body is broken on the one fitted to the car.

Thanks in advance

Ed
Thanks given by:
Google 'Broadway Electrical Services'. They recon. the Lucas M418 starter fitted to your DX.
Thanks given by:
Thanks very much for that Chris.
Thanks given by:
Ed,
Have you checked the battery/cable earth connection on frame?
These are fairly simple operation starters. Might be worth you taking it off and having a look at it yourself.
Could be something as simple as dirty comutator or a hanging brush.

Ref. fuel pump, I probably have one.
Will check stores (when I can get to it) if you wish.
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by:
Hi Chas,

I had leads connected directly to the starter and left the old leads out of the equation.I've had it apart and brushes,commutator and armature don't look bad at all,but after speaking to Rob at Broadway(thanks Chris) i will just send it down to be redone.I don't have the testing equipment to go any further with starters,so best left to those that have i think.

If you have a fuel pump that would be great,hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks
Ed
Thanks given by:
OK,
Will check it out and let you know.
Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks given by: