My old 14 J types are still alive, ARE THEY MEMBERS
Hi all. I have just found that the two J types owned in 1980 and 1981 are still alive (although sorn) I would love to chat with the owners and pass on what I know of there history:-

MHX228     and      MHX330

Hope to hear from you, Chris.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(08/05/2016, 09:34 PM)jezzabull Wrote: Hi all. I have just found that the two J types owned in 1980 and 1981 are still alive (although sorn) I would love to chat with the owners and pass on what I know of there history:-

MHX228     and      MHX330

Hope to hear from you, Chris.
Thanks given by:
Yes MHX228 is alive & well & living in Leicestershire it is on the road but not reliable- Graham
Thanks given by:
(28/08/2016, 06:50 PM)MHX228 Wrote: Yes MHX228 is alive & well & living in Leicestershire it is on the road but not reliable- Graham

BRILLIANT. So glad its alive and well..ish. My brother and I lived opposite each other in Wyberton near Boston in Lincolnshire and both restored vintage cars. He bought MHX228 as a non runner, actually it had no engine mounted at all but came with a factory reconditioned engine that had never been fitted but which was all sprayed up in red oxide paint ready for fitting. That would have been 1982/83. It was minus one rear wing which I was able to supply when I went down to Canvey Island to get MHX330 as it came with many many spare parts. He didn't restore the car but sold it to a guy who worked at the local motor factor outlet called ''Derek Pitts'' (store name not the buyers name). Hope that was of interest. I went on to do a full restoration of MHX330 and ran it as daily transport for 18 months until it was sold to an Irish buyer.
Thanks given by:
(08/10/2016, 09:57 PM)jezzabull Wrote:
(28/08/2016, 06:50 PM)MHX228 Wrote: Yes MHX228 is alive & well & living in Leicestershire it is on the road but not reliable- Graham

BRILLIANT. So glad its alive and well..ish. My brother and I lived opposite each other in Wyberton near Boston in Lincolnshire and both restored vintage cars. He bought MHX228 as a non runner, actually it had no engine mounted at all but came with a factory reconditioned engine that had never been fitted but which was all sprayed up in red oxide paint ready for fitting. That would have been 1982/83. It was minus one rear wing which I was able to supply when I went down to Canvey Island to get MHX330 as it came with many many spare parts. He didn't restore the car but sold it to a guy who worked at the local motor factor outlet called ''Derek Pitts'' (store name not the buyers name). Hope that was of interest. I went on to do a full restoration of MHX330 and ran it as daily transport for 18 months until it was sold to an Irish buyer.
Thanks given by:
Since hearing from you in 2016 I have seen some pictures of MHX 228 dated 2018 and its looking really great. Hope one day to find pictures of MHX 330 also. Best wishes, Chris.
Thanks given by: